Monday 28 February 2011

Post-Oscars roundup

Since I have a couple of papers I really need to hand in which bare some degree of important to me achieving any resemblance to a qualification which I'm paying through the ass for, I thought it would be a good time to do an Oscars roundup instead. So, for those living under a rock, here are the winners in the categories which people find most interesting:

Best Actor: Colin Firth ('The King's Speech')
Best Actress: Natalie Portman ('Black Swan')
Best Picture: 'The King's Speech'
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale ('The Fighter')
Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo ('The Fighter')
Best Animated Film: 'Toy Story 3'
Best Director: Tom Hooper ('The King's Speech)

A few Categories which I care less for are- Cinematography- 'Inception' (which also won sound editing, sound mixing and visual effects), Editing- 'The Social Network', Make-up- 'The Wolfman'.

Ok, so, let's see how accurate those IMDb polls were. Hmm, they were OK. Thankfully 'Inception' did not win Best Picture but Christian Bale DID win 'Best Supporting Actor', excellent news all round. I don't really think the results were too surprising.

All in all, it was a good night for 'The King's Speech' and now when I do eventually get round to seeing it maybe my expectations will be sky-high and well... Colin had better impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment